Hermiston’s first Community Supported Agriculture (CSA). CSAs are springing up all across the
country and can take on a variety of forms.
Our CSA program serves the communities of Hermiston,OR; Pendleton,OR: the
Tri-City, WA area and other smaller communities in the immediate vicinity. We
provide a wide variety of fresh vegetables that are in season. Our CSA program
offers a flexible plan that allows you to choose the level of particiaption that
you want as well as a shopping basket approach that allows you to choose the
vegetables you want each week. Deliveries are made for a
minimum of 20 weeks from about mid May through early October.
Examples of the early produce would be
radishes, lettuce, beets, carrots, kale, cucumbers, summer squash, spinach,
etc. Examples of the later produce
are corn, tomatoes, cantaloupe, watermelon, peppers, onions, potatoes, winter
squash, and other melons. Some of
the early produce will continue throughout the
View/Print Our 2013 CSA Sign Up Sheet
What Our CSA Costs:
1. Members pay an amount to purchase X shares that would
entitle them to X number of items for the season.
2. As examples, an item would be 1 melon, 1 head of
lettuce, 4 ears of corn, 1lb. of beans, 2-3 peppers, a dozen carrots and so
3. Members may purchase shares as
Full Price - Discount Price (5%)
$171 - $162.45= 60 shares for approximately 3 items per week
$228 - $216.60 = 80 shares for approximately 4 items per week
$285 - $270.75 = 100 shares for approximately 5 items per week
$342 - $324.90 = 120 shares for approximately 6 items per week
$399 - $379.05 = 140 shares for approximately 7 items per week
$456 - $433.20 = 160 shares for approximately 8 items per week
$513 - $487.35 = 180 shares for approximately 9 items per week
$570 - $541.50 = 200 shares for approximately 10 items per week
Procedures for Hermiston CSA 2013
- You will be issued a swipe card (just like a gift card) that will have a dollar amount on it depending on what you purchased. If you made the January 31st deadline you have received a 7% discount. So for example if you purchased the 80 shares (4 items /week) your card will be for $228 even though you only paid $212. If you signed up after January 31st you will receive a 5% discount. So depending on what level you purchased, your card will be for the full price not the discounted price.
- You may go to Alive and Well any time during their business hours and pickup the items you want. Produce will be in the produce section of the store. You may make multiple trips per week to the store or just one, as you wish.
- Rather than counting the number of items as we have in the past, the clerk will ring up the amount and then swipe your card for that amount which will then be deducted from your card.
- We are still asking that you limit yourself to two of any one item unless you have made arrangements ahead so we can have extra available. For example if you know you want 8 lbs of broccoli rather than 4 lbs as would have been allowed under the previous scheme, let us know the day before and we will be sure to have that there for you. This is just so there will be some for all who might want a particular item.
- The card may be used anytime during the calendar year but expires on December 31, 2013. For example when we have early spinach in April you may use it then as well as during the main season. The amount is yours to use as you see fit and when you want to.
All shares must be used in the current season. The
shares cannot be carried forward to the next
season. Once shares are purchased there are no refunds.
Advantages of Belonging to Our CSA:
- Allows more flexibility to the shareholder.
- Fresh, high quality, pesticide free, locally grown produce.
- Personal contact with the grower.
- Since it is already paid for, no need to worry about whether you have enough cash that day.
How to Join CSA:
It's easy! Just follow these 4 steps:
||Determine the level of participation you want.
|| Print out 2013 CSA Sign Up Sheet.
|| Fill it out completely indicating the level you want to
participate at and the location you want to pick up at.
|Mail the sign up sheet with your payment to us at:
Finley's Fresh Produce
80728 Cooney Lane
Hermiston OR 97838
If you have any questions, please contact through e mail firstname.lastname@example.org
or call John at 541 571 2515.